Thursday 18 October 2012

I have enjoyed my campaign for Maling Ward, its up to the voters now

I have enjoyed my campaign for Maling Ward.  It has been a pleasure to meet many residents, groups and traders in Maling Ward and across the City of Boroondara.


With six candidates running it is very much an open race so your vote will be very important.

I ask for your vote (1) if if you would like a fresh and capable Councillor for Maling Ward on Boroondara Council. 

I am genuine independent candidate as I am not a member of any political party. I will be able to represent all residents of Maling Ward free from the constraints that a political party might apply.

In the end, its not about me, its about you.  Your vote will help elect the next Councillor.  My prime responsibility will be to represent your views and issues on Boroondara Council.

The number one issue that residents raised with me has been protecting our heritage and streetscapes from inappropriate development.  Here is what I said about this in the Boroondara Review.

What is the most pressing matter facing Boroondara? 

Many people are greatly concerned inappropriate development is destroying many residential streets and shopping centres. We have lost fine heritage buildings.

How do you propose Council better address this issue?

I will consult widely to ensure resident views on local development proposals and protection of our heritage are represented to council and taken into account during planning decisions.

I look forward to representing you and Maling Ward  if I am elected. I commit to putting a 100% effort to do so.

Remember, your ballot must be received (by post) by 6pm on Friday 26 October.,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.