Monday 15 October 2012

On my bike and in poll position!

The Boroondara Review, a local newspaper, has just published an article and one of the reasons I am standing for Council - the provision of safer shared pedestrian and cycling infrastructure to create a better network throughout Boroondara.

Peter Campbell cycling on Rathmines Road. Photo: Stephen McKenzie

Boroondara Council has a key role for advocating for the provision of infrastructure. If elected, I will pursue the opportunity to provide a safe family-friendly shared pedestrian and bike trial through Boroondara connecting Hawthorn and Box Hill.
Most residents of Maling Ward I have spoken to during this campaign really want a safe trail for bikes and pedestrians along this route for local trips and tot connect with the Anniversary and Main Yarra Trails.
I am participating in the Ride to Work Day this Wednesday 17/10 and having breakfast at the Hawthorn Velodrome in Boroondara.  I hope to see you there.
Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.